Friday, October 1, 2010

Lovely Words for Your Weekend

"Our Union" by Hafiz. A beautifully heartbreaking poem. After wiping away my tears, I thought I'd share it with you all. I read this poem from two point of views, both my favorite of all. The first, this is the depiction of Jesus. All He wants to do is love you and take care of you. The second love of my life is the same way, he wants to love me and take care of me. Thank you, Lord for sending me someone who strives to be like you.


Our union is like this: You feel cold, so I reach for a blanket to cover our shivering feet.
A hunger comes into your body, so I run to my garden and start digging potatoes.
You asked for a few words of comfort and guidance, and I quickly kneel by your side offering you a whole book as a gift.
You ache with loneliness one night so much you weep, and I say here is a rope, tie it around me, I will be your companion for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails