Friday, April 16, 2010

Braid + Bun=Hair Love

Whether they've been instyle or not, I've always been a big fan of side braids and buns. I'm frantically trying to do everything I can to make my hair grow faster and thicker so that I can express my love for each of these on myself! Below is step-by-step instructions on how to make the perfect French Bun. Go have yourself a fun hair weekend!


(Photo source unknown)

(Bun photo & instructions from Experience Parisienne)

Step #1: Make your hair dirty. “I wash my hair only once a week,” admits C. “When your hair is too clean, it won’t stay put.” After showering, she massages in either Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion or a homemade spray, made with one part sea salt, three parts water and a few spritzes of leave-in conditioner. “It makes my hair piece-y enough to work with,” she says.
(During the week, C. uses dry shampoo to keep her hair from getting greasy. Rene Furterer Naturia is her favorite. “And it smells like roses!” she says.)

Step #2: Next, pull together your hair and hold it straight up (“like Lucky Troll Doll,” she laughs).

Step #3: Then twist your hair down to a few inches above the crown.

Step #4: Wrap your hair around itself until it forms a loose bun, right on top of your head.

Step #5: Pin the bun in place with bobby pins. “Anywhere from four to eight, depending on how thick your hair is,” C. says. “You want it loose but secure.”

Step #6: Finally, pull loose strands of hair from the nape of your neck and around your face to make it look like you’ve worn the bun all day (or even slept in it!) And there you have it: That certain je ne sais quoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails