I am a HUGE fan of french toast. I'm talking, BIG. When I came across this recipe, I about jumped out of my skin. I can't wait to make this!
French Toast Topping
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg,slightly beaten
- 6 slices cinnamon bread, crusts trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Combine all French toast topping ingredients in medium bowl; set aside,.
- Combine 1 cup milk, melted butter, 1 egg and maple flavoring in another medium bowl. Combine all remaining muffin ingredients in large bowl. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until mixed.
- Spoon batter into greased 12-cup muffin pan. Spoon French toast topping evenly over batter; press down slightly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately brush muffins with maple-flavored syrup. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over glazed muffins. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.